Monday 14 May 2012

Some more poems. I will try to do pairs if possible so as to balance things out.
And in some cases to ensure that people will not think I am dwelling on something morbid.


This one was written after watching my friend and his kids play, children are so unreserved while adults with duty on their minds can never let go.

Droplet

The water plays with the children
Droplets refracting the laughter

And joy of no duties.


I played like that once

Felt only the sound on my skin
But my drops have fallen to the grass

I am cutting



Golden moments melt in the waters
All adults desire the days of delinquency

That resides in the droplets.



Got rid of the earlier poem, I thought it a bit grim!

Future

Once we looked to the future

Then somebody said the future is now

Thanks

What do we look forward to now?



Flying cars were born defunct

Bases on the moon a publicity stunt

But there are things to buy

Consumerism is the way we fly



Who will pontificate on tomorrows state

When even the future arrives too late



No comments:

Post a Comment